5/11/08

A Tribute to Trav

So this week has kind of been a crazy one. My oldest brother is going through a divorce for the second time. It it really crazy and they are having a lot of problems. I am the closest one of the sibling with him and So I went over and spent some time with him while all of this was going on. I couldn't help but think about my past with trav and all the craziness that we have been through. For those of you that are close to us know what I'm talking about. After I left my brothers house after hours of crying and hurting for him. I left there with so many emotions going through me and so many past memories. I had to call my great husband trav and tell him how thankful I am for him. I am so lucky that he has come so far. He has become such a great person. I knew deep down what a good person he was all along and now for it to have all come together and have work out so great. I want him to know how much I love him and how much I apperciate all he does for our little family. This summer will be three years of sobrity for Trav. So for him I want to say. I am so proud to be with him. What an amazing and awesome thing to do. He is the love of my life. He is am amazing person. Thanks Baby for everything. Thanks for taking care of us. Thanks for being so smart and going to school and working your butt off doing two jobs. Thanks for putting up with my craziness. Thanks for listening to me and always supporting me. Thanks for being such a great dad, your girls love you to death. Thanks for being so dang good looking. Thanks for being my best friend. And thanks for getting your life together so we could make this journey together. I love you!!! You are a amazing.

6 comments:

Nicky said...

I love this post - what a fantastic tribute. It takes two to make things work - way to go to both of you!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Right on. You know I love you all, and am so proud of you! Sorry to hear about your brother. Hope everything works out for the best. kelli

Lisa Kearl said...

Hey Brit, it's Lisa I just read the post you left (sorry it took so long). It's so good to hear from you. I'll glad you and Travis are doing good. We should get together and hang out. My number is 698-1136.

Anonymous said...

O.K this made me bahl like a baby... It was so sweet to hear all the reasons you love and appreciate Trav, it is true he has come so far and I too am extremly proud of him. I know he did it with your help and love. And I appreciate that and love you both so much. Thanks for posting this it was a good reminder of just how much family means to me!!!

Vanessa said...

You are both amazing! I am so glad for the summer we were able to hang out and get to know each other. It gave me goose bumps reading about your life now. Congratulations Trav! Your family really is growing up and your girls are beautiful (so are the parents!). I miss you guys!

Lacey Jay said...

I know you may not know me, I think I've only met you once back in the day but I was really good friends with Trav... oh dear about 9 nine yrs ago (wow, i didn't think it had been that long) anyway, I moved away during high school and when I visited him on one of my visits home, the last time I saw him, he told me how you were pregnant. That's the last I heard. Finding your blog was so exciting for me, trav was always such a good friend and I was SO excited to see you and him still together, happy and with a BEAUTIFUL family. When I read this post I just started to cry. I remember being friends with Travis and Ryan Waters and then trav started to sink. It was really neat to hear him doing so well and sober for 3 yrs. I'm so proud of him. I agree with you, I always knew he could do it. He was better than it. I bet it had a lot to do with the support he got from you. I'm so glad he finally trusted someone. I know this may sound crazy to you.. sorry, for being so personal. I'm just proud of him. Pls tell Trav, his old friend Lacey says "hi". Thanks! You are goregous and have a beautiful family.